Recycling and rubbish collections from your flat

You can recycle your household waste,  if you live in a block of flats using the flats recycling system. Blocks of flats have a communal bin store for recycling.

We accept the following items:

  • paper - including newspapers, magazines, envelopes, junk mail and telephone directories
  • food tins, drinks cans, aluminium foil and trays
  • aerosols
  • clear glass bottles and jars
  • green glass bottles and jars
  • brown glass bottles and jars
  • flattened cardboard
  • plastic packaging.

Items we cannot accept for recycling:

  • household rubbish
  • window glass
  • drinking glasses
  • Pyrex glass
  • plastic film or wrapping.

To report a problem with the recycling from your flat please contact us by email.

If you live in flat, which is part of a block:

You may have communal recycling and rubbish bins. The bins will be marked to show you what to put where. This includes paper, card, glass bottles and jars, tins and cans, and plastic tubs/ pots and trays, as well as non-recyclable rubbish. If you do not have bins for any of the recycling materials listed, or any other way of recycling, let us know.

Please contact us if you see the bins overflowing.

Residents reporting missed bin collections, whether online, via the email, or via the LBH Contact centre, must do so before 5pm on the day following their scheduled collection.

Report a missed collection

If you live in:

  • houses where multiple households share the house
  • house conversions
  • flats with up to six properties.

You may use the services designed for houses. Visit Household recycling and waste collections 

rating button