Following the 2014 elections, Hounslow Council agreed its priorities for the 2014-2019 period.
The Corporate Plan outlines the councils pledges and promises to residents, businesses and visitors for the coming for years.
The seven priorities are:
- Keeping you safe – making Hounslow a safe Borough by reducing crime and anti-social behaviour, and tackling drug and alcohol misuse that can lead to crime.
- Brighter futures for our children – providing the best start in life for our children and young people with improvements in health and education. Keeping them safe from harm to help inspire more fulfilling lives.
- Good quality homes and jobs – making sure more good quality homes, including affordable homes, are provided or residents and tackling homelessness. Supporting economic growth and improving our town centres. And making the most of being close to Heathrow, central London to help people get and keep good quality jobs.
- A cleaner, greener borough – making sure the borough is a place where people feel proud to live and work.
- Active, healthy communities – promoting lifestyles that improve people’s wellbeing and quality of life with less need for health and social care. Supporting people taking an active part in community life and reducing loneliness and social isolation.
- Help and support when you need it – improving quality of life to reduce the need for care and hospital admissions, while making sure there is high quality care and support for those who need it. Keeping vulnerable adults safe.
- An ambitious council delivering quality services and value for money – having the best interests of residents at heart. Providing leadership for the community and finding new, ambitious ways to improve our customer care for our residents and deliver even better value for money.
Telephone: 020 8583 2000
Policy and Scrutiny team
London Borough of Hounslow