Anti-social behaviour and nuisance

Anti-social behaviour

We take anti-social behaviour very seriously as we know it can affect your quality of life. We're here to help.

Any Hounslow resident can report anti-social behaviour (ASB) to Metropolitan Police.

However if you are a Hounslow Council tenant or believe that the perpetrator of ASB is a Hounslow Council tenant, you can report the incident directly to us.

What is anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour comes in lots of forms. It includes a range of unacceptable behaviour from everyday incidents such as noise nuisance to serious criminal acts. The types of behaviour we consider anti-social include (but aren’t limited to):

  • Intimidation and harassment
  • Domestic abuse
  • Violence or threats of violence
  • Rowdy behaviour and drunkenness
  • Pet nuisance/uncontrolled animals
  • Dealing or taking drugs
  • Graffiti
  • Damage to property
  • Dumping rubbish (fly tipping)
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Noise nuisance: e.g. loud music, shouting.

Report Anti-social Behaviour

You can remain anonymous, however we encourage residents to give their contact details, as this helps to make the investigation quicker and more effective. We will not divulge any of your details. You can also get support as a victim of crime from a number of local agencies.

Action we can take depending on the circumstances:

  • Investigate reports and collect evidence
  • Speak to perpetrators
  • Issue warning letters
  • Arrange mediation
  • Serve a legal notice for breach of the tenancy conditions
  • Seek a civil injunction
  • Seek a Criminal Behaviour Order
  • Work with the police to seek a dispersal order
  • Issue a Community Protection notice
  • Seek a Closure order
  • Seeking possession of the property using the Absolute ground for possession.

Contact us if you would like advice or to report an anti-social behaviour complaint

You can contact us in the following ways: 
You can make an online enquiry by using our enquiry form
Telephone: 0208 583 4000
In person at your local area office

rating button