If you’re submitting a planning application, we advise you to get pre-application advice first.
How pre-application advice supports you
- specialist advice from experts
- greater chance of your planning application being accepted
- helps you better understand policies and issues
- can speed up the process
- you’ll know early if your proposal is unacceptable
- you’ll meet a planning officer, and get written summary of advice (except for category 1a household)
How to apply for pre-application advice
Include plans, drawings of proposals. The more information you give us, the clearer the advice you’ll get.