The Government has announced that from Thursday 1 April, 2021, shielding is no longer in place and it has written to all those affected advising them of this change.
We are here to help you if you have been shielding, or if you look after someone who has been shielding, and will provide assistance wherever possible.
What this means for residents in Hounslow
- If you have been shielding, you are no longer required to do so from Thursday 1 April, 2021.
- You are encouraged to take extra precautions whilst infection rates are still high by following the guidance at: www.gov.uk/coronavirus which contains practical information about socialising, travel and going to work and school.
- Continue to follow the rules set out in the Government’s roadmap which are for everyone during the pandemic.
- Keep the number of social interactions that you have low and try to reduce the amount of time you spend in settings where you are unable to maintain social distancing.
- Everyone is advised to continue to work from home where possible, but if you cannot work from home you should now attend your workplace. Your employer is required to take steps to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace and should be able to explain to you the measures they have put in place to keep you safe at work.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (furlough) has been extended until 30 September, 2021 as has the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS). You may continue to be eligible throughout this period.
- From Thursday 1 April, 2021, you will no longer be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) on the basis of being advised to shield.
- Clinically extremely vulnerable pupils and students should return to their school or other educational settings.
- Get vaccinated when invited. If you have not received your first dose, please contact your GP. If you have received your first dose, you should still take up your second dose when it is offered to you. Having two doses should further increase your level of protection. Information about vaccinations.