Drug and alcohol advice, treatment and recovery support

Drug and alcohol support if you're under 18

If you are under 18 and experiencing any problems with drugs or alcohol, you can get free support and advice from HYPE (Hounslow Young People Engaged). HYPE is the new Young People's Drug and Alcohol service for Hounslow and was previously known as Visions.
The service works with young people under the age of 18 whose lives are affected by drugs and alcohol, including young people who have been affected by the negative experience of parental substance misuse.
The service sees young people in a variety of settings, tailoring the length and type of support to what they need. 
HYPE provides:
  • One-to-one support based on individual need
  • Outreach services, meeting young people where they feel comfortable
  • Up to date and factual information and advice
  • Support to cut down, quit and gain control
  • Education about drugs and alcohol in schools and to other young people's services

How to refer

HYPE is a free and confidential service for young people resident, or in education in Hounslow.
Any health or social care professional can make a referral on your behalf. You can also self-refer to the service by phone or e-mail.
Telephone 018955 488 675

Drug and alcohol support for adults

If you are over 18 and affected by drug or alcohol problems, you can get support in Hounslow at ARC Hounslow. ARC helps people break a cycle of addiction to substances such as heroin, cocaine, and new psychoactive substance as well as  alcohol addiction. 
Many people turn to drink or drugs as a way of dealing with negative feelings, such as depression, stress, trauma or anxiety. ARC works with people at any stage of their alcohol or drug difficulties to provide a single point of access to assessment and treatment for problems.
ARC Hounslow provides:
  • One-to-one support
  • A range of group support
  • Prescribing services for heroin users
  • Alcohol community detoxification
  • Blood borne virus testing and vaccination
  • Health and wellbeing services, including low level mental health support
  • Ongoing recovery support
  • Access to inpatient packages where appropriate

How to refer 

ARC is a free and confidential service for adult residents in Hounslow, as well as their families and carers.
Any health or social care professional can make a referral on your behalf. You can also self-refer to the service in person or contact us by phone or e-mail.
Telephone 018955 488 675

Be Alcohol Aware

If you would like to understand more about the ways alcohol can affect you and want to find out how much you drink, take a simple Drinks Checker test.
It can be very difficult to tell how many units are in different drinks. Learn more about alcohol units

Further information

You can also find additional support or information through the following websites and organisations:

rating button