Training and development around Prevent
From the 1st July 2015, all schools and colleges in England and Wales have had a statutory duty to give due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.
The Department for Education guide provides advice for schools and childcare providers on:
- Making clear what schools and childcare providers should do to demonstrate compliance with the Prevent duty
- Other sources of information, advice and support for schools and childcare provider
Hounslow’s Prevent Team run regular training sessions supporting specified bodies in becoming compliant. Our Home Office approved, WRAP3 (Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent) has been designed by the Home Office and is an introduction to the Prevent strategy and an individual’s role in safeguarding vulnerable people.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Have an increased awareness of the issues relating to all forms of extremism
- Have an understanding of the local context
- Have the skills to recognise those who are potentially vulnerable to all forms of extremism
To book a WRAP3 session please contact the Prevent Team.
Contact details for Prevent in Hounslow
If you would like further information, have any queries or concerns or would like to find out about Prevent training please do not hesitate to contact our Prevent team.
Email: Joan Conlon
Mob: 078 1707 9190
Email: Najeeb Ahmed
Mob: 078 9054 0433
Email: Karmjit Rekhi
Mob: 079 7672 1119