Changing your name - elections

Changing your name on the electoral register

If you have recently changed your name and you need to update your name in the electoral register, you will need to complete a Change of Name form and provide us with a copy of one of the following documents:

  • marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • overseas marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • amended birth certificate
  • deed poll

Please click here to download a Change of Name form.  Please return your completed form and a copy of your proof of your change of name either:

  • as ascanned attachments in an email to Please ensure that the images is legible.
  • or post it to us at Electoral Services, London Borough of Hounslow, Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow TW3 3EB. 

If you do not have any of the documents listed above, please email for advice on what documents we will accept as proof of your change of name.

If you are registered to vote at an address outside of London Borough of Hounslow, please contact your local council's Electoral Services team to request a Change of Name application form.


rating button