Emergency proxy for an election
If you are taken ill or get unexpected work commitments after the deadline for applying for a proxy vote for an election which prevents you from attending the polling station on polling day, you can appoint a proxy to vote for you. You will need a doctor or employer to support your application.
Please click on the appropriate link for your circumstance to download a form.
- Emergency proxy application for voters that have had an medical emergency
- Emergency proxy application for voters who cannot vote in person due to work commitments
- Application to vote by emergency proxy based on COVID-19
Return your completed form to us either by:
- Email to email@example.com. This can be a scanned copy or a photograph, but please ensure that the image is legible.
- or post it to us at Electoral Services, London Borough of Hounslow, Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow TW3 3EB
- or deliver it in person at Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow TW3 3EB
We must receive your emergency proxy vote application by 5pm on polling day. Please do not deliver your application to your polling station on polling day, as polling station staff cannot process emergency proxy vote applications.
If you have any questions regarding applying for an emergency proxy vote for an election, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.