There are three main areas of activity:
- residential services: dealing with pests in residents’ own homes and gardens
- enforcement services: dealing with pests reported at premises other than your own
- commercial services: pest control and pest protection services available to businesses within the London Borough of Hounslow.
Pests we do treat:
- pharaoh ants
- garden ants
Pests we do not treat:
- textile pests (carpet and clothes moth etc)
- pests of stored products
- wood boring insects
Payment will be accepted on or before the first visit and may be made by cash, cheque, or credit or debit card.
|Pests treated||Are concessionary prices available?|
|Rats, fleas, bedbugs, cockroaches, Pharaoh ants||Concessionary prices are available if the householder is in receipt of a qualifying benefit. See the information below on claiming reduced price services. Please note that as from 1 April 2017, we will no longer provide a free service for rats but concessionary rates will apply as appropriate.|
|Mice, squirrels, wasps, garden ants||Concessionary rates are not available for services to control these pests. Further information on charges can be downloaded from this page.|
Claiming reduced price services
The below pests can be provided at a reduced rate (equivalent to a discount of about 20%), where the householder receives one or more qualifying benefits at the time of service delivery.
- and Pharaoh ants.
Please note that the householder is generally taken to mean the person registered for council tax at the property.
The full list of qualifying benefits is:
- Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance (Rats only)
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
- Council Tax Benefit (not rebate)
- Employment Support Allowance
- Job Seeker's Allowance
- Universal Credit (elements relating to any of the above).
Young residents who do not qualify for means testing are able to access concessionary rates if one of their parents or guardians are in receipt of means-tested benefits. Local community groups with an annual turnover less than £15k may also be offered concession rates.