Food poisoning

Find information on this page about the symptoms and treatment of food poisoning.

If you think you have food poisoning

Visit the NHS website for information about symptoms and what you need to do

How to make a food safety complaint

If you feel you've contracted food poisoning from a business you can report it to the food safety team.

Report your food safety complaint

You'll need to tell us:

  • whether a doctor has confirmed you have food poisoning (your illness needs to be confirmed by a medical professional before any action can be taken by us)
  • what you've eaten prior to the illness
  • your symptoms
  • if you've been on holiday recently
  • if other people you ate with have similar symptoms.

Contact us

Email the food safety team 

Telephone: 020 8583 5555

rating button