Hounslow council is a great place for you to work. There’s a friendly cooperative atmosphere and each member of staff’s contribution is valued.
Benefits of working with us
- Annual leave - up to 30 days annual leave, as well as bank holidays and up to three days Christmas closure.
- Enhanced maternity leave - up to 52 weeks off with phased return over three months
- Flexible working - options available
- Child care vouchers - get childcare vouchers (up to £243 per month or £55 per week) in exchange for part of your gross salary
- WorkSmart - includes homeworking
- Local government pension scheme - your contributions are based on a sliding scale according to your salary band and Hounslow council will also contribute about twice as much as you do.
- Learning and development - extensive in-house and external learning and development opportunities
- Pool cars for use between 8am and 6pm every working day.
- Car sharing
- Pool bikes
- Season ticket loans
- Key worker housing scheme - helps workers who are in eligible posts find suitable affordable accommodation within or close to Hounslow. Includes contribution towards the initial deposit.
- Wellbeing services - occupational health, osteopath and counselling
- Flexible retirement
When you work here, you’ll always receive fair and equal treatment regardless of your race, nationality, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed or disability.