We Harness The Mix
We value diversity in its broadest sense. We're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves, give of their best and reach their full potential. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to better understand our communities and deliver the best services for our residents. We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background. We want to harness the mix and ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes. We will therefore make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.
Our benefits - here’s a summary:
- Annual leave – Generous annual leave entitlements starting from 22 days and rising to max 30 days.
- Christmas closure – Up to 3 days, between Christmas and New Year, if your office is closed. This is at the discretion of the council.
- Employee benefits –a range of discounts and benefits across a range of companies which you can access as an employee of Hounslow.
- Enhanced maternity leave – Up to 52 weeks’ leave after the birth of the baby and the option of a phased return over 3 months.
- Flexible working arrangements - our focus is on the outcomes you deliver and we are flexible about where and how this is best achieved.
- Local Government Pension Scheme – Open to all employees, this is a tax approved, occupational pension scheme. Your contributions are based on a sliding scale according to your salary band.
- Learning and development – we want you to learn everyday. We have a fantastic range of resources and opportunities and are committed to your development throughout your career with us.
- Premature baby leave and pay – where a baby is born prematurely. We are proud to have The Smallest Things Charter mark.
- Paternity Leave – Up to two weeks paid leave Parental Leave – Up to 18 weeks’ unpaid leave.
- Parental Bereavement leave - two weeks’ paid leave following the death of a child or a stillbirth.
- Pool cars –Pool bikes –available for our employees to use for work.
- Shared parental leave – Up to 50 weeks’ shared parental leave.
- Season ticket loans – Interest free loans for British Rail, Underground and Bus season tickets.
- Staff wellbeing services - Including access to Occupational Health, an Osteopath/Chiropractor and Employee Assistance Programme.