Planning enforcement plan

If planning permission, listed building consent, conservation area consent or advertisement consent is not required from the Council, then unfortunately the Council cannot take any action under national planning legislation. However, another Council section or department may be able to take action under other statutory legislation.

The Planning Enforcement Team can only enforce the national planning legislation, and therefore cannot get involved in private disputes, for example breaches of restrictive deeds or covenants, or boundary disputes. Individuals with such concerns such contact a private solicitor who may be able to bring a civil action.

Download and view the planning enforcement plan

rating button