Every child in reception, year one and year two will be given a free nutritious meal at lunch time.
- infant pupils in maintained infant and primary schools
- free schools
- schools for pupils with special educational needs
- and pupil referral units
Your children are entitled to free school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) of no more than £16,190 (from 6 April 2011)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- or are being supported by the National Asylum Support Service (NASS)
If your child is attending any of the following schools, you must apply directly to the school for the service and request the application form:
- Feltham Community College
- Rivers Academy
- Free school
- Outer borough academy
Applications for free school meals cannot be backdated.
Children in other school years
- If you are on certain benefits and have children in schools maintained by us, you may be able to claim for free school meals.
- If you have children in a school which is not maintained by us, you should ask the school about how to apply for free school meals.
Telephone: 020 3949 7743