Government help with childcare costs is available for parents, whether you have a baby, toddler or teen.
From April 2024, eligible working parents can get 15 hours childcare for their two-year-old.
Are you a working family with a child who will be 2 years old before 1 April 2024? You may be eligible for the new 15 hours funded childcare for working families from 1 April 2024. Apply before 31 March. You will need to have applied before the 1 April to get the funding from April. Find out which 2 year old offer is for you.
If you are a family getting some additional forms of government support you maybe better off applying for the existing 2 year old funding for low income or non-working families.
The following links will tell you more about the other schemes available and how to apply
- Tax-Free Childcare for working families with children aged 0-11 (or 0-16 if disabled)
- 15 hours of free and funded childcare for eligible 2 year olds (working families, low income or non-working families)
- 15 hours of free and funded childcare for all 3 and 4 year olds (all children)
- 30 hours of free and funded childcare for eligible 3 and 4 year olds (working parents)
- tax credits for childcare
- universal credit for childcare
- support while you study.
To be able to use any of the above, your childcare must be Ofsted registered. For all Ofsted registered childcare within the London Borough of Hounslow, visit the Hounslow Family Service Directory