We recognise that parents have a right to educate their children at home. As a Local Authority we want to support our parents to do it well. It is our duty to:
- ensure that all our children are safe
- ensure our children are being suitably educated
The right to home education is conditional upon the parents providing an efficient education suitable to the age and ability of the child. To ensure this our elective home education team evaluate the suitability of the home provision provided by the parents and carers.
- If you're considering educating your child at home, please download and read our Elective Home Education handbook alongside the Department of Education Elective Home Education – Gov. uk
Our EHE policy and more advice can be found below:
- Home Education Advisory Service
- Appendix 1 - information for home educators
- Appendix 2 - Elective Home Education privacy statement
- Appendix 3 - EHE registration form
- Appendix 4 - Education outline plan
For further information please contact our elective home education team.