Appeals for classes with fewer than 30 pupils in infant /junior or secondary school places
- An appeals panel will only allow an appeal for an infant class with less than 30 pupils, or a junior or secondary school place if they decide either:
- that the admission arrangements did not comply with admissions law and the child would have been offered a place if the arrangements had complied
- that the admission arrangements were not correctly and impartially applied and the child would have been offered a place if the arrangements had been correctly and impartially applied
- that the admission of additional children would not prejudice the provision of efficient education or efficient use of resources
- that on balance the case for the child to attend that particular school outweighs the prejudice to the school.