The school clothing grant is payable to secondary school pupils attending year 7 and year 9 only.
Your child may qualify for a clothing grant if you receive:
- income support
- income based - job seekers allowance and
- child tax credit or working tax credit (provided your household income does not exceed £16,190).
The grant amount you will receive is £60.
Apply for it
To apply for the grant please complete the school grant clothing application form. Once completed, you can post the form back to us at the below address.
Unless your child goes to one of the listed schools below, you’ll need to contact them directly to receive an application form.
- Brentford School for Girls
- Cranford Community School
- Springwest Academy
- Isleworth and Syon
- Rivers Academy
- Outer Borough Academies
- Free Schools
Documents you will need
The following are accepted as proof of benefits:
- Income Support: copy of the front cover and page of book that says income support or a copy of a letter sent within the last three months from Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) stating that you are receiving income support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based): a copy of a letter from the DWP sent within the last three months and states ‘Job Seekers Allowance (income based)’ on any page of the letter. If it doesn't state this anywhere in the letter please get one from the DWP office. An interview card is not acceptable as proof of Job Seekers Allowance
- Working Tax Credit and or Child Tax Credit: copy of Tax Award Notice (TC602) confirming that your annual income does not exceed £16,190, as assessed by the Inland Revenue from 6 April 2011
- An Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance: you will be required to provide proof
- Pension Tax Credit and have an annual taxable income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, of less than £16,190 from 6 April 2011
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit - please provide your Pension Credit M100 Award notice
If you have financial support, in accordance with the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, from the National Asylum Support Service (NASS) or our Asylum and Resettlement Team - please supply a letter from NASS.
Telephone: 020 8583 2820
Business Support Team
Children's and Adults' Services
London Borough of Hounslow