You will not be able to dispose of your waste at Space Waye without a valid booking.
Visiting the site by public transport or by bicycle?
You can now visit Space Waye on foot or by bicycle. You will need to book your visit to the site in advance by emailing Space Waye email@example.com
To visit the site on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday you will need to give 24 hours’ notice. To visit the site on Saturday, Sunday or Monday you will need to email the site before 3pm on the Friday.
In your email please tell us the date and the approximate time of arrival (see opening hours below) and the items that you are bringing to the site.
You will receive a reply confirming your visit time and instructions on how to enter the site. Please do not visit without an acceptance email.
Normal opening hours:
Space Waye booking slots are available up to two weeks in advance from 8am - 3.30pm, 7 days per week.
Trade customers can access the site 8am - 3pm seven days a week via Gate 3. Last entry is 2:45pm (no booking required).
North Feltham Trading Estate
off Faggs Road
For all enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Household materials accepted at Space Waye:
- green waste - grass cuttings, leaves, hedge clippings, flowers and weeds, twigs and small branches
- bric-a-brac - garden ornaments, vases, mirrors, picture frames
- household chemicals - garden chemicals, fertilisers, flammable
- paper - including magazines, newspapers, catalogues, Yellow Pages, telephone directories and envelopes
- cardboard - including cereal boxes, tissue boxes, sleeves, boxes, packets, food and drinks cartons
- glass bottles and jars
- food tins and drinks cans, aluminium trays and foil
- hard plastics - including garden furniture, storage containers, piping, plant pots
- metal - all mixed metals. Includes household items mostly made of metal, such as garden tools, bicycles, metal coat hangers, metal frames/ chairs/ tables
- waste electronic and electrical equipment (WEEE) such as televisions, kitchen equipment, fridges and freezers, gardening equipment.
- fluorescent tubes and bulbs
- waste cooking oil
- waste engine oil
- batteries - including mobile phone/laptop, battery packs, and car and household batteries.
- mixed textiles, clothes and pairs of shoes
- Our site attendants are on hand if you are unsure where to dispose of your waste.
- Residents may dispose of up to two mattresses for free at Space Waye. More than two at a time, or left over repeated visits, will be considered trade waste and as such will result in a £12 charge per mattress (regardless of the size).
Households using a van or a car with a trailer (no booking required)
This service is only available to residents of Hounslow who can prove their residence with a current Hounslow council tax payment receipt.
- You can use a van or a car with a trailer to dispose of bulky household waste, for free, once per calendar year, per household on presentation of your Council Tax bill for your property. Any more deposits will be charged at the current building waste disposal rates.
- A resident may use a van/car with trailer to dispose of up to four bags of garden waste for free, but you will need to pass over the weighbridge and show documents confirming your identity and your Council Tax bill.
- The same van/trailer may only tip household waste once free of charge in any one calendar year. The second visit will be fully chargeable with notification of this charge made on completion of the van/trailers first visit.
- If you are borrowing a van/trailer from another person, then it is your responsibility to determine whether or not a charge will apply when using facilities at Space Waye.
Please note: if you are using a van to dispose of house hold waste (under the one free tip scheme) you must access the site via Heron Way (Gate 3) during trade hours – 8am – 2.45pm.
Be advised that you will be tipping your waste in the trade section of Space Waye.
This is a busy, working site and we ask all residents to take care when they enter the area. Please remain near your vehicle at all times and follow any instruction given to you by staff.
We recommend that you wear appropriate footwear.
Other than visiting Space Waye, what are the alternatives?
1.Use Hounslow’s relaunched bulky waste collection service:
Hounslow Council has recently relaunched its bulky items collection service to make it easier for you to use the service – if you have larger to remove from your household. To find out all about it and to book a collection, please see here. (Please note if you live on a Housing Estate there may be alternative arrangements in place for you to dispose of your items.)
2.Sell or donate your unwanted items:
Use social media groups or websites like eBay, Gumtree, Freecycle, Freegle or Facebook Marketplace. You’d be amazed at how one person’s trash can be another’s treasure! Only donate items to charity shops when they're open. Leaving donations outside charity shops which are not open is fly tipping!
3.Use a registered waste carrier to collect your rubbish:
Everyone has a legal 'duty of care' to ensure your household or business waste is disposed of correctly. If it's your waste, it's YOUR responsibility.
- Suspect all waste carriers. Don't let them take your rubbish until they provide proof of registration. Note their vehicle's registration plate.
- Check that a waste carrier is registered on the Environment Agency's website.
- Refuse any unexpected offers to have your rubbish taken away.
- Ask how your rubbish will be disposed of - seek evidence of this.
- Paperwork must be obtained: a proper invoice, waste transfer note or receipt, including a description of the waste being removed and the waste carrier’s contact details.