You can dispose of certain hazardous waste at Space Waye Reuse and Recycling Centre.
Residents can dispose of:
- weed killer
- garden fertilizer
- other small household and garden chemicals
- gas bottles - pull up at the public unloading area, tell the site attendant that you want to dispose of gas bottles and they will then take it to a safe storage area on site.
Trade can dispose of:
- gas bottles - report to the weighbridge and, if accepted, you will be charged the full trade waste rate.
We do not accept
- industrial chemical waste
- large volumes of hazardous trade waste
- large amounts of gloss paint (very inflammable)
Gas bottle guidance
We recommend that you contact the gas bottle manufacturers directly or a specialised disposal company to dispose of your bottles.
Please note: we reserve the right to turn away traders who try to dispose of commercial gas bottles.
In this case you will need to contact a registered hazardous waste carrier and make arrangements for the correct, safe disposal of your waste.
Do not to touch anything that may contain asbestos and please contact a specialist contractor to have it safely removed. However, if you choose to dismantle cement bonded asbestos yourself, you should arrange for this to be collected or take it to a licensed site.
Request an asbestos and other hazardous chemicals collection
Residents can have asbestos, paint and other hazardous chemicals collected by The City of London.
A list of authorised contractors is also available from ARCA - Asbestos Removal Contractors Association.
Nearest asbestos disposal site
You can dispose of asbestos at West London Waste site in Brent, Abbey Road, London NW10 7TJ
- Contact the site on 020 8965 5497 for the procedure you need to follow.
Telephone: 020 8890 0917
North Feltham Trading Estate
off Faggs Road