What to do if you are displaying symptoms of coronavirus
If you are displaying symptoms of coronavirus, you will need to book a test and isolate.
You can get a test:
- for yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms now (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- for someone you live with, if they have coronavirus symptoms
- for yourself, if you have been told to have a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
- for yourself, if you are an essential worker, or if you live within someone who is an essential worker
- Don’t delay; book your test as soon as you have symptoms.
If you have any symptoms, you should self-isolate and only leave the house to get tested.
Make sure you isolate for at least 10 days (or longer, until symptoms resolve) and your household isolates for 14 days.