Pest control and welfare

Pests at other premises

If you have seen certain pests active at premises other than those in which you live then we may be able to investigate your report. We have powers to serve enforcement notices in certain cases that require the person responsible for the premises concerned to take action to control certain pests (such as rats and mice).

Enforcement notices are generally used where informal approaches have failed to result in appropriate action.

Reporting a pest infestation somewhere other than your home

Please contact us with as much information as you can about the location and pests present. We would also like your own name, address, and telephone number so that we can discuss your report in more detail if we need to.


Reports of pest activity in the communal areas of the property in which you live:
In the first instance please make your report to your housing association, landlord, or managing agent as appropriate. If they fail to respond to your report then please let us know.

Reports of pest activity in a commercial premises that stores, sells, or supplies food (e.g. restaurants, bakeries, supermarkets).

Please contact the Food Safety Team for further information.

Contact us

Pest Control
Environment Department
London Borough of Hounslow
Bridge Road Depot
Pears Road

Telephone: 020 8583 5082
Fax: 020 8583 5088
Minicom: 020 8583 6622
Email the pest control team


rating button