On April 1 2022, the Learn Hounslow team held a Spring pop-up market at Meadowbank Adult Education centre, hosting learners who have taken part in Designed & Made in Hounslow Programme at the centre.
Designed and Made in Hounslow is a programme to help support residents into creative careers and entrepreneurship. The residents enrolled onto several creative courses including Upcycled Sewing projects, Garden Pottery, Weaving and Sweet Treats. On these courses, learners were taught the required knowledge and skills to create their own handmade products, packaging, labelling and learnt how to price. The learners then sold their handmade items at the pop-up market to gain sales experience and launch the learners to become artists!
The Spring pop-up market supported people from all walks of life and gave us some incredible success stories, such as:
- Kathy who completed the Weave la Viva course. Kathy sold her handmade bags to save up for her own loom as she wants to continue to practice.
- Naomi from our Sweets & Treats course ran her own pop-up stall at Hounslow House the week before the Spring market to sell her brownies made in class and manned the cupcake stall on the day. She also brought along some of her children’s accessories that she has been making outside of class to gain more confidence in her work as she is also completing the course 'Start and Manage a Business in Fashion'.
- Our Pottery student Aseea made £75 selling her creations, the highest total of the day!
- A total of £60 was made for charity selling items from previous markets.
- Overall, a total of £345 was generated on the day of the Spring market!
Enrol now for the summer term's Designed & Made in Hounslow programme, and sell your items at a pop-up market in Hounslow this summer! Call 02085836000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enrol or express your interest.
Visit our course search site to browse through the Designed and Made in Hounslow courses, or to browse through the full list of courses from other subject areas!