Everyone has a legal 'duty of care' to ensure your household or business waste is disposed of correctly. If it's your waste, it's YOUR responsibility.
Always use a registered waste carrier to collect your rubbish.
You can Find a registered waste carrier in your area on the Environment Agency's website.
- Suspect all waste carriers. Don't let them take your rubbish until they provide proof of registration. Note their vehicle's registration plate.
- Check that a waste carrier is registered on the Environment Agency's website.
- Refuse any unexpected offers to have your rubbish taken away.
- Ask how your rubbish will be disposed of - seek evidence of this.
- Paperwork must be obtained: a proper invoice, waste transfer note or receipt, including a description of the waste being removed and the waste carrier’s contact details.