The London Borough of Hounslow wants to make sure that local businesses have the best possible waste and recycling services available which are reliable, fairly priced, keep our streets clean and tidy and are recycling focussed.
The London Borough of Hounslow delivers commercial recycling and rubbish collections in-house. This came into effect from Monday 1 January 2018, when services were transferred from Hounslow Business Waste and Recycling (HBWR) - a partnership between Hounslow Council and London Business Waste & Recycling.
Why do I need to have a business waste collection service?
- It’s the law! All waste produced by your business no matter how small is classified as business waste and as such it is illegal to dispose of this via the household waste and recycling services provided by the council
- You may be subjected to a fine if you use household services or are found to be disposing of waste illegally
- Waste collection is not included as part of your business rates
Why choose Hounslow Council?
- Invest in your borough. All profits are passed back to the council to spend on local services.
- Service is available seven days per week
- Free of charge duty of care annual waste transfer (most business waste providers charge for this service)
- We have a better understanding of your waste requirements
- Free waste auditing by fully trained staff
- High standards of customer service. We have a dedicated customer service line - 020 8583 5555 - staffed from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.45pm on Fridays. Outside of these hours we have an emergency contact line 020 8583 2000
What services are being provided by Hounslow Council?
- General waste
- Mixed recycling (paper & card, cans, rigid plastics)
- Cardboard bundles
- Other services
- Food waste
- Confidential shredded paper
- Toner cartridges
- Waste Electronic and Electoral Equipment (WEEE)
- Fluorescent tubes/bulbs
- Cooking oil
- Coffee grounds
- Bulk general waste clearance
Contact us for further information
Telephone 020 8583 5555. Our opening hours are Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, Friday: 9am to 4.45pm.