Christmas recycling and rubbish collections 2021
Help our collection team by reducing your rubbish and recycling right!
Things to remember:
- If you have additional recycling please present this in a clearly labelled carrier bag alongside your recycling boxes. It is important that you present the contents of the recycling in the same way you would using your boxes. For example, all plastic and cans (red box) should be included in one bag, all paper and cardboard (blue box) should be in another and glass (green box) in another. If these are mixed the additional recycling will not be collected.
- Cardboard boxes must be flattened, and pieces should be no bigger than 70x70cm in order to fit within our recycling vehicles.
- Keep all plastic wrapping and film out of your recycling! To find out more information about disposing of this type of plastic please visit www.recyclenow.com/what-to-do-with/plastic-film
- Do not put old batteries in your recycling box. You can take them to any local retailer that sells batteries as they offer a disposal service. More information can be found at www.recyclenow.com/what-to-do-with/batteries-1.
- Keep our collection team safe by ensuring all aerosol cans are completely empty before recycling them in your red box– aerosol cans that are not completely empty can pose a fire risk at our handling facility and cause injury to our crew.
- Excess rubbish left next to or on top of your wheeled bin will not be collected. Please keep this waste until your next rubbish collection or take it to Space Waye or your local Household Reuse and Recycling Centre - more information can be found here. Space Waye will be open as normal except on the following days; 25, 26 and 27 December and 1 January 2022.
Need additional recycling containers? You can order them here
We ho-ho-hope you don't experience a missed collection, but if you do you can report this here