Your Tenancy Sustainment Team

Did you know that we have a dedicated Tenancy Sustainment Team?

What does the Tenancy Sustainment Team do? 

The Tenancy Sustainment Team provides free, person-centred support to Council tenants experiencing difficulties managing their tenancies. From time to time, we all struggle, and it is important to reach out for help early to prevent problems getting worse. We will provide the support, advice and signposting you need to help you remain in your home and regain your independence.

We believe every resident has the right to:

  • Be and feel safe in their home.
  • Be free from isolation.
  • Have access to tailored support when required.
  • Have access to up-to-date information.
  • Be listened to and treated fairly with dignity and respect.

What can they help me with?

We will support you with any issues which are making it hard for you to remain in your home. Sometimes we will need to refer you to other teams to get the specific type of support you need. We will always ask you before doing this.

Common reasons for needing support are:

  • Money and benefit issues
  • Rent arrears
  • Debt 
  • Difficulties keeping your property in a safe and liveable state (clutter, hoarding)
  • Mental health difficulties
  • Drug or alcohol dependency
  • Difficulties living in your home due to domestic abuse, tenancy hijack, criminal matters etc.
  • Difficulties understanding your tenancy rights and responsibilities 
  • Little or no experience of holding a tenancy
  • At risk of court proceedings or eviction

These are not the only reasons you may need help to stay in your home. Don’t wait until you are in a crisis. If you think you need help do reach out. 

Who is eligible?

This service is available to council tenants (including those placed in temporary accommodation via the council) and is free of charge. 

If you are not a council tenant but are in need of support, please contact Hounslow Life floating support service.

How do I get in contact with the Team?

Contact your housing officer to ask for a referral to our team. If you are unsure who your Housing Officer is this can be found in your tenancy agreement. 

If you are still unsure, please send an email to

rating button