Hounslow Council has approved its five year Housing Strategy 2019-24
Published: Wednesday, 16th October 2019
The housing strategy sets out its ambitions to address the needs of those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homelessness. With its proven record of securing and delivering Affordable Housing for its residents, the strategy also sets out its plans for delivering 5000 new affordable homes.
By working in partnership, the council seeks to facilitate these requirements, providing homes of the right type and in the right place, raise housing quality and standards to continue its ambition for good quality homes, improve the health, wellbeing and quality of life for our communities.
Cllr Lily Bath, Cabinet Member for Housing at Hounslow Council said;
“This new strategy builds on the previous successes and achievements over the last five years. It comes at a time of significant change for the council as we face substantial legislative and financial pressures that affect the lives of our of local community.
“At the same time, we need to meet the needs of an increasingly elderly population, as well as the continued need to address homelessness and vulnerable residents. Despite these challenges we believe this housing strategy can and will help deliver real improvements for our residents”.
The strategy is underpinned by a thorough needs analysis which looked at people, properties and homelessness; and the continuing imbalances between supply and demand.
- To reduce homelessness and tackle its causes and consequences.
- To provide a choice of high-quality housing for people at all stages of their
- lives at prices they can afford.
- To raise housing quality and standards across tenures enhancing local
- areas and supporting thriving communities.
- To support our communities to live independently by promoting health and wellbeing.
- To create a cleaner, safer and greener living environment