Launched in 2008, Hounslow’s Family Information Service (FIS) is celebrating its tenth anniversary.
Published: Friday, 25th May 2018
The Family Information Service is a free, impartial information service for parents and carers of children and young people aged up to 19 (up to 25 years for those with additional needs).
The Family Information Service provides a wide range of information about key services and activities from which parents and children can benefit both through the telephone helpline (020 8583 3470) and through the Hounslow Family Services Directory
This includes information about services for families such as Children’s Centre activities, sports, arts activities for children, youth clubs, parenting classes and so much more. There is also information about all forms of childcare across the borough and details of how to access free early learning and education. Over time, the Hounslow Family Services Directory has expanded to include an extensive range of services available for your bump, baby, toddler, young child or teenagers.
As well as the helpline, the on-line Family Services Directory continues to receive large volumes of traffic from parents and professionals searching for information and advice on:
• Ofsted registered childcare (childminders, nurseries, preschools, crèches, out of school care and holiday clubs)
• The Local Offer - support and activities for children with disabilities and their families
• Education (starting school and education support services)
• Children’s Centre’s (services for under-fives)
• Family support services (early help, financial assistance, general health services, domestic violence, drugs,alcohol, bereavement)
• Things to do and places to go for children and young people (clubs, libraries, toddler groups, sports, holiday activities, play and leisure)
• Advice on staying safe
• Health services
Since its launch in 2008, the Family Information Service has dealt with over 21,455 requests for information through the helpline.
Councillor Tom Bruce, Cabinet Member of Education, Children and Youth Services, Hounslow Council said:
“The Family Information Service is a fantastic resource for both parents and professionals. With three young children, myself, I have found that the FIS website contains a wealth of useful material including childcare, family support, early education, finance support, activities and learning. I have found it personally a real help and it is really useful reading for anyone involved with raising a family.”
If you can't find the information you're looking for on the directory, please contact FIS by phone on 020 8583 3470 or email email@example.com