Councillor Shantanu Rajawat was recently elected Leader of Hounslow Council. He was elected a Councillor in 2010 and represents the Heston West ward.
Published: Wednesday, 8th June 2022
- I’ve lived in Hounslow all my life and went to state schools in the borough where I met Councillor Tom Bruce for the first time (Councillor Bruce is the Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Development). It was at Heston Community School where I became fascinated by history. I’ve always found history really prepares you to understand the world and key world events happening today.
- My favourite place to visit in the borough is Osterley Park. It’s simply stunning – a tranquil oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of London. We are very lucky in Hounslow to have the vast amounts of green spaces and historic houses on our doorstep.
- What I like the most about Hounslow is the fantastic sense of community. It’s quite unique that multi-generational families choose to call Hounslow their home and that generates a great sense of pride and care for the area. I’m excited to serve and listen to all the wonderfully diverse communities
- I’ve been interested in public service and youth engagement for a very long time. I was a Member of the Youth Parliament for Hounslow, which taught me a lot about politics and the community.
- I’m really looking forward to serving the residents of Hounslow. I can’t wait to show residents, businesses, and local community groups that the Council is on their side. I’m also excited to continue the work of my previous role as Cabinet Member for Finance – helping our local economy to thrive