Statement from Councillor Guy Lambert, Cabinet Member for Highways, Recycling and Companies on the shortage of HGV drivers and the impact on waste and recycling collections.
Published: Friday, 17th September 2021
“Hounslow is currently experiencing some minor disruptions to waste and recycling collections due to the HGV driver shortage impacting the entire country. We are committed to providing a full service, where possible, despite these challenges.
“Disruption has occurred during a small number of rounds and where this has happened our Recycle 360 crews have been working tirelessly to remedy the situation, implementing additional collections shifts, including weekends.
“We recognise that delays are frustrating and we’re sorry for disruption where it occurs. We’re confident we have the right team to help reduce the disruption and will do our best to keep people informed. In any event, we will collect your waste and recycling, but it may not be on the schedule you are used to. For the last 18 months, despite the pandemic, our crews have ensured Hounslow could provide a full waste and recycling service, unlike so many other councils.
“We will continue to monitor the situation and update residents of any continuing problems.”
We ask that residents work with us by:
- Minimising the amount of rubbish, recycling and food waste you produce. Every bit you can reduce will make a real difference to maintaining a good service for everyone.
- Check what can and can’t be recycled in your collections on our website
- Avoid doing big clear-outs while at home, which will create more rubbish and recycling for council crews to collect.
- If you have had a missed collection please report it via our website, email our recycling mailbox email@example.com or call our call centre on 0208 583 5555 to report this.
- Look out for further updates to the service on our Recycling and Rubbish webpage.