Hounslow Library will be moving to its new temporary home at the Civic Centre, Lampton Road, in May.
Published: Friday, 21st April 2017
Hounslow Library, which is currently based at the Treaty Centre, will be moving this month. It will close from 5pm on Friday 12 May and will re-open on Thursday 18 May at its new temporary home at the Civic Centre in Lampton Road.
As part of the library move, there will be a venue change for some Adult Education classes which are currently held at the Treaty Centre. Courses will continue to run in the library space up to Friday 26 May, before six classes move to newly-constructed facilities at the Civic Centre, resuming on Monday 5 June.
The classes which are moving include:
- Improve your English through writing stories (Monday
- ESOL e1 reading (Monday and Wednesday)
- ESOL e2 s&l (Monday and Friday)
- ESOL e1 speaking and listening (Monday and Wednesday)
- ESOL e2 reading (Monday and Wednesday)
- ESOL e3 speaking and listening (Monday and Wednesday)
- ESOL e2 speaking & listening (Monday and Friday)
- ESOL - for jobseekers (jcp 2) (Monday, Tuesday and Friday)
- Health & social care vocational studies entry 3 award (Tuesday)
- Work club (Tuesday)
- English functional skills e3 and l1 (for ESOL) (Tuesday and Thursday)
- End of life care (awareness) l2 award (Wednesday)
- Stroke awareness l2 award (Wednesday)
- ESOL e3 reading (Monday and Wednesday)
- Childcare vocational studies entry 3 certificate (Thursday)
- ESOL - for jobseekers (jcp1) (Monday, Thursday and Friday)
The remaining courses will continue to be run from another part of the Treaty Centre space.
Adult education will move during the Whitsun half-term holiday (29 May to 2 June) and will be holding classes at the Civic Centre from Monday 5 June.
If you have any queries, please contact Hounslow Adult and Community Education or call 020 8583 6000.
More details on the library move, including full details of the Adult Education classes that are relocating as well as details of the other library service changes, are available on our website.