Local Plan reviews submission
LB Hounslow submitted our Local Plan Reviews on the 14 December 2020 to the Planning Inspectorate for independent examination which will be carried out on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. This is in accordance with regulation 22 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
On the 4 January the Planning Inspectorate (PINS) appointed Inspector Gareth J Fort BA (Hons) PGDip LLM MCD to conduct the examination.
On the 20 January PINS appointed an assistant inspector, Gareth Wildgoose BSc (Hons) MSc MRTPI.
Examination Correspondence between the inspectors and the borough can be found on the Local Plan Reviews Examination – Correspondence page
The Submission Local Plan Review and their supporting evidence can be found on the Local Plan Reviews – Examination Library page
The Council has prepared Local Plan reviews for the Great West Corridor (GWC), West of Borough (WoB) along with revised Site Allocations which will transform these Opportunity Areas and deliver much needed jobs and homes in the borough. These plans set out a statutory planning framework for good growth over the next 15 years and seek to:
- Address the significant challenges that the Council faces, in particular around meeting the needs of the predicted growth in the borough’s population. It seeks to meet the housing needs of Hounslow and London Plan target by planning for at least 26,700 additional homes in the period to 2035 of which 7,500 is in the Great West Corridor and 10,600 in the West of Borough.
- Ensure that existing employment areas are protected and jobs increased through intensification of wholly business floorspace, or as part of mixed use developments in order to deliver at least 30,400 new jobs in the borough in the period to 2035 of which 15,000 is in the Great West Corridor and 13,600 in West of Borough
- Complement the Council’s transport strategy of prioritising more sustainable movement to reduce car reliance, create a well-connected, safe and attractive network of walking and cycling routes and good access to public transport facilities with - a new West London Orbital Link station at Lionel Road and new Golden Mile (Brentford) station in Great West Corridor and a new Southern Rail Access station at Clockhouse roundabout in the West of Borough
- Deliver high quality, well managed parks and opens spaces with more multi-functional uses for play and sports, events, as well as green corridors and nature trails
- Deliver critical infrastructure such as transport, hospital/GP surgeries, and schools that are considered necessary to support the growth and population increase proposed in the borough and to outline how and when this will be delivered.
On 14th December 2020 the Council submitted our Local Plan reviews to the Planning Inspectorate for independent examination which will be carried out on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. This is in accordance with regulation 22 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
At this time, the Council is waiting to hear from the Planning Inspectorate as to which Inspector has been appointed to examine the plans. Once this is known, we will update this page accordingly, and we will write to all those who commented on the Local Plan during the Regulation 19 Consultation that took place from July 2019 – September 2019, to let them know the details. In the meantime, we would like to thank all those who took the time to make representations.
Hounslow Local Plan reviews submission documents
Below is the link to our Notice of Submission and a link to the Local Plan reviews Submission Library, which provides the list of documents submitted to the Planning Inspector for the Examination of the plans.