Hounslow is a growing borough, with a proposed new draft 10-year London Plan target of 21,820 new homes. We are also one of the most economically active boroughs in London and home to almost 15,000 businesses, including multinationals such as GSK and Sky.
The Council is preparing Local Plan reviews for Great West Corridor (GWC) and West of Borough (WoB) which will transform these Opportunity Areas and deliver significant jobs and housing growth for the borough. These plans will set out the Council's vision and opportunities for good growth over the next 15 years and will seek to deliver:
- 7,500 new homes and 14,000 new jobs in Great West Corridor
- West London Orbital Overground rail extension to Hounslow including new station at Lionel Road in the Great West Corridor
- New Golden Mile station- passenger shuttle service from Great West Corridor to the Crossrail line at Southall.
- 12,000 new homes and 11,000 new jobs in West of Borough
- A new station with new bus interchange for Southern Rail Access at Bedfont
We are currently working on the Great West Corridor and West of Borough Local Plan reviews and getting them prepared for the formal consultation in April/May 2019.
Prior to formal consultation, we have organised pre-consultation engagement drop in sessions to share with you on:
- what you told us during the previous consultation at the end of 2017.
- how we took your comments forward and what we are proposing in the draft plans.
The drop-in sessions are both a chance for you to see how we have incorporated your feedback, and also the last chance to have your say on the draft plan before the formal consultation.
We would like to thank everyone who attended the Great West Corridor and West of Borough pre-consultation engagement drop-in sessions and workshops on the 24th and 31st January. We are now considering all the responses we received at the sessions, with the intention to amend the plans if necessary and before the formal Regulation 19 Public Consultation in May 2019.
Please follow the links below to the pre-consultation engagement material which were presented at the drop-in sessions and workshops:
Details of the May consultation are to follow.
What's in the draft Local Plan Review?
The Local Plan Review includes:
- A Vision for the Plan areas
- Policies addressing specific issues in the areas
- Place policies for areas where regeneration and growth will be directed
- Amendments to the existing Local Plan 2015
- The identification of potential development sites (Site allocations)
The draft Local Plan Review documents and associated documents and online forms can be found via the links below.
- Draft West of Borough Local Plan review
- Draft Great West Corridor Local Plan review
- Draft Amendments to the existing Local Plan 2015
- West of Borough Plan Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA) Report
- Great West Corridor Plan Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA) Report
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Review Consultation Strategy
- Evidence Base and Supporting studies