We are back with the 2021 Shop Local campaign, showcasing the borough’s wonderful, diverse and dynamic independent businesses and are encouraging residents to support our fantastic businesses by shopping locally, and safely. Below you will find just a small selection of the business you can find in the borough.
As shops, beauty, hair salons and hospitality with outside eating areas start to reopen from April 12th, Hounslow residents are reminded to continue to shop safely. Shops will have the flexibility to open until 10pm Monday to Saturday which we hope will help manage queues, ease pressure on transport and make socially distanced shopping easier. Please check with shops on their opening hours.
By supporting local businesses, you will:
- Shop safely
- Save local jobs
- Preserve the heart of our community
- Enjoy great deals that you may not get elsewhere
- Get a personalised, tailored shopping experience
- Support entrepreneurs offering unique products
- Reduce your carbon footprint by staying local
Spending money locally keeps the pound in Hounslow, ensures we maintain our strong local communities, and builds resilience as a borough.
When you do visit local shops or other businesses, and walk or cycle wherever possible. It is essential that everybody continues to keep their distance and takes extra care to ensure proper hygiene and cleanliness to contain the spread of coronavirus:
- Keep your distance
- Wear a face covering
- Wear a face covering over your mouth and nose, unless exempt.
- Follow shop or restaurant safety guidelines
- Only touch if you are buying
- Use your card over cash where possible
- Regular hand washing
- Bin it, don’t drop it
Visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/businesses to find out more.