Support for parents
This Family Information Service provides information and signposting on all aspects of family life for parents of children and young people up to the age of 19 - childcare, children’s centres, schools and family support services for your bump, baby, toddler, young child or teenager.
Health visiting service – families with children under 5 years
Health visiting team are still currently running clinics as long as children centres remain open but are also doing appointments over the telephone. They are prioritising home visits for families where there are safeguarding concerns and new birth visits.
Professionals and families can contact the service, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm during the weekdays.
- Telephone: 0208 973 3490
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Infant feeding support
Please note: Baby Cafe Feeding Drop-ins and Community Maternity drop-ins in Hounslow are currently suspended.
You can contact:
- Hounslow Health Visiting Team: The team can put you in touch with a local breastfeeding counsellor and may be able to share your contact details with breast feeding counsellor who shall call you back at baby café time - see table below for more details. Call - 020 8973 3490 for more information.
2pm - 3.30pm
10am - 11.30am
10am - 11.30am
|Geraldine Chew||Liz Lambourn||Geraldine Chew||Liz Lambourn|
- NCT Helpline: Staffed by a breastfeeding counsellor who can support about questions or concerns whether breastfeeding, formula milk or solids. The line is open every day from 8am to midnight. Telephone: 0300 330 0700 and choose option 1
- La Leche League Helpline: Staffed by trained volunteer breastfeeding counsellors who can support mums with questions about breastfeeding by. The line is open 8am to 1pm. Telephone: 0845 120 2918
- The Breastfeeding Network Helpline: Trained volunteers offering telephone support - call - 0300 100 0212 / Helpline (Bengali/Sylheti): 0844 856 4003
- Baby Buddy app – has lots of videos and information for mums with a baby under the age of 6 months. Download from apple store, google play or web app
For children at school in Hounslow or home schooled in Hounslow - please contact information below.
Schools and parents can contact the Duty School Nurse, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
- Telephone: 0203 691 1012 or email: HRCH.HounslowSchoolNurses@nhs.net
- Chat Health: Young people aged 11-19 years wanted to access confidential advice and support from the Hounslow School Nurse Team
- Text: 07507 333176