Hounslow is a growing borough, with a proposed new draft 10-year London Plan target of 21,820 new homes. We are also one of the most economically active boroughs in London and home to almost 15,000 businesses, including multinationals such as GSK and Sky.
The Council is preparing Local Plan reviews for Great West Corridor (GWC) and West of Borough (WoB) which will transform these Opportunity Areas and deliver significant jobs and housing growth for the borough. These plans will set out the Council's vision and opportunities for good growth over the next 15 years and will seek to deliver:
- 7,500 new homes and 14,000 new jobs in Great West Corridor
- West London Orbital Overground rail extension to Hounslow including new station at Lionel Road in the Great West Corridor
- New Golden Mile station- passenger shuttle service from Great West Corridor to the Crossrail line at Southall.
- 12,000 new homes and 11,000 new jobs in West of Borough
- A new station with new bus interchange for Southern Rail Access at Bedfont
What's in the draft Local Plan Review?
The Local Plan Review includes:
- A Vision for the Plan areas
- Policies addressing specific issues in the areas
- Place policies for areas where regeneration and growth will be directed
- Amendments to the existing Local Plan 2015
- The identification of potential development sites (Site allocations)
The draft Local Plan Review documents and associated documents and online forms can be found via the links below.
- Draft West of Borough Local Plan review
- Draft Great West Corridor Local Plan review
- Draft Amendments to the existing Local Plan 2015
- West of Borough Plan Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA) Report
- Great West Corridor Plan Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA) Report
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Review Consultation Strategy
- Evidence Base and Supporting studies