Support for you and the person you care for
A Carers Assessment can help you and others understand the impact caring is having on your life and highlight sources of support. It can enable you to access some services and signpost you to others.
If you look after someone in your own home, there are several services that you may find useful:
- Aids, equipment and adaptations to help with everyday living tasks and mobility
- Direct payments - monies paid directly to you as a carer and/or the person you care for to buy services directly.
- Linkline+ telecare - various monitored alarms and sensors that can give extra peace of mind.
- Handyperson scheme - subsidised service for small maintenance jobs
- Benefits and grants checker
- Work Hounslow - advice on work, courses and training
- AccessAble (formerly DisabledGo - access information for venues and facilities around Hounslow and the UK.