Can you recycle more from your flat?
Are you able to recycle Cardboard, Plastic, Paper, Glass, Food Waste and Tin/Cans from your flat?
If the answer is no, please get in contact with us providing your name, address and managing agent details for us to make contact to increase or introduce all recycling types where you live!
Reduce, reuse, recycle: Our priority should always be to try to buy, consume and waste less. Here is what you can do with some common household items:
- Visit www.loveyourclothes.org.uk for more information on how we can reduce the environmental impact of clothing across the UK.
- Book a free collection with TRAID please call 02087332595 or visit www.traid.org.uk/clothes-donations/book-a-collection/
- For good quality textiles (that you would happily buy) you could donate these to your local charity shop.
- Recycle at your nearest clothes bank.
Recycle at local supermarkets or at the reuse and recycle centre.
Small Electrical Items:
- If you have an electrical item that is still in good working condition, you could consider selling it or passing it onto someone else.
- Recycle your small electricals visit www.recycleyourelectricals.org.uk/electrical-recycling-near-me/ to find locations near you.
- Donate good quality unwanted furniture to the Hounslow furniture project (chargeable service). www.hounslowct.org.u/furniture-recycling/
- Give your unwanted furniture a second life and give this away through the freegle app www.ilovefreegle.org
Getting rid of large items?
Don't just dump it - call us to arrange a collection (chargeable service) on 0208583555 or visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/bulkywaste
You will need your managing agent's approval to store your waste in a communal area before calling us to book a collection.
Please clearly label the items with the date of collection and service request number which will be provided upon booking.
Alternatively, you can use our Reuse and Recycling site to dispose of your bulky items more information and to make a booking please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/spacewaye