Remember, do not approach any individuals and do not put yourself in any danger.
Record as much detail as possible
Also reporting the activity immediately will help us in our fight against this illegal activity. All the information your report is important and will be treated confidentially.
If you can also take photos as evidence please do so.
Important details to record are:
- the location of the dumped rubbish – either the address or local landmarks
- a description of the rubbish e.g. builders rubble, or household furniture
- the date and time that you saw the fly-tippers in action or discovered the rubbish
- a description of the people you saw (e.g. sex, hair colour, height)
- if there was a vehicle involved what was the make, model, colour and registration number and if there was any distinguishing features or signs on the vehicle
We will visit the scene to establish the quantity of rubbish and if it is our responsibility, and we will remove it. We will also look for evidence, with a view to prosecuting offenders.