Parks and open spaces open
Continue to follow the rules to keep yourself and others safe and protect our most vulnerable residents.
- Do not leave home if you have any symptoms – fever, coughs, shortness of breath or are self-isolating
- Always keep at safe distance from anyone outside your household and do not enter if you cannot stay at a safe distance (2 metres) from others
- Keep your dog on a lead, to ensure you can keep a safe distance from others
- Dispose of litter and dog mess in bins provided or take it home for safe disposal
- Follow hygiene advice, avoid touching surfaces (such as benches) and wash your hands as soon as you are back home
You can now do the following, but must follow social distancing guidelines:
- Exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area
- Use our play areas and outdoor gyms.
Please do not:
- Exercise with more than one person from another household in public outdoor spaces
- Light fires or barbecues, although picnics are allowed.
Volunteering in parks and open spaces
You can volunteer if:
- You’re well and nobody in your household has coronavirus symptoms, i.e. a cough or high temperature
- You’re not pregnant (extra precautions apply if you are)
- You do not have any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus
Please get in touch with if you wish to volunteer, for specific advice dependant on your needs please contact email@example.com
Advice and guidance for attending allotments
You can visit your allotment however:
- Do not visit your allotment if you have coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating
- Do not visit your allotment if you are in a high-risk group
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from other plot holders, where possible
- Keep hand sanitiser with you, use before and after touching any gates/locks or similar
- Wash your hands with hand sanitiser regularly – ideally take a flask of hot water, soap and paper towels with you
- Do not wash your hands in the water tanks
- Avoid touching your mouth and face
- Do not share tools or other items with fellow plot holder
- Wash your hands when you get home.