We want our carers to enjoy fostering and be equipped to do it well, which is why we provide a comprehensive range of training and support services.
- Becoming a member of a professional team committed and dedicated to helping children positively turn their negative life experience into a positive one.
- A generous allowance - Allowances differ from child to child depending on their age but currently carers receive up to £868.60 per fortnight, per child in their care. Additionally, carers are entitled to a substantial grant to enable them to buy all the necessary equipment e.g. bedroom furniture and other essential equipment before they start fostering.
- Professional specialist training
- Specialist support packages including access to children’s therapists, 121 mentoring and befriending services, sons and daughters support groups Activities can include cinema trips, meals out and theatre shows.
- 24 hour support, advise and guidance throughout your fostering career
- Opportunity to become a mentor ,co facilitate preparatory training groups for future foster carers
- Free fusion swim
We also provide our foster carers and members of their family with free leisure passes to a range of venues.
- Madame Tussauds
- London Eye
- Thorpe Park
- Warwick Castle
- Chessington World of Adventures
- Alton Towers
- London Dungeons
- Any Sea Life centres in the UK
- An annual foster carers award ceremony/dinner and dance where staff and carers meet up to celebrate the extraordinary contribution that our carers make to the lives of Hounslow’s looked after children and young people.
- Fun Day - During the summer we organise an annual Fun Day out for our foster carers, their birth children and foster children.