Work and Health Programme
The Work and Health Programme is a voluntary employment support programme designed to help people who have a disability or health condition, have been long term unemployed or has been disadvantaged due to their circumstances, such as a care leaver or someone who is homeless. Our Support Managers work with individuals for up to 15 months to help manage their health conditions, develop their skills and gain sustainable employment.
Our Service Includes
- Dedicated Support Manager who will work with the participant on a 1-2-1 basis either by phone or video.
- Bespoke health and wellbeing services through our national and local specialist supply chain partners as well as in house specialists.
- Online resources and support through our Shaw Trust Customer Portal.
- Opportunities to work with our network of specialist volunteers providing real life insight and experience in: life coaching, employment related activity, mental health support, IT training and business start-up.
- Development opportunities through our skills and training partners such as Ixion.
- Direct links to employers and local vacancies.
- Dedicated in-work support to help participants navigate employment.
There are three ways you can be referred:
- Through your Jobcentre Plus Work Coach
- Self referral
- External partner referral organisations