We have significant potential for growth and improvement, with exciting development and regeneration opportunities particularly in the West of the Borough and Great West Corridor.
The West of Borough area forms part of the Heathrow Opportunity Area and the Great West Corridor area has been identified as one of the new Opportunity Areas in the emerging London Plan. The Mayor of London has designated Opportunity Areas for significant business growth and housing development with improved public transport access.
In line with Regulation 18 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012, the council is inviting local residents and businesses to have their say. This is the second stage of consultation for Local Plan review particularly for West of Borough and Great West Corridor areas (Preferred Options Consultation) which aims to optimise the potential of these Opportunity Areas to support housing delivery, job creation and the provision of new infrastructures to serve the local community and new development.
The plans support the delivery of a new Southern Rail Access into Heathrow in West of Borough and proposed new passenger services to Southall Crossrail and Old Oak Common (Crossrail and HS2) in the Great West Corridor. These transport infrastructures will radically re-position these areas and enhance public transport accessibility.
What’s in the draft Local Plan Review?
The Local Plan Review includes:
- A Vision for the Plan areas
- Policies addressing specific issues in the areas
- Place policies for areas where regeneration and growth will be directed
- Amendments to the existing Local Plan 2015
- The identification of potential development sites (Site allocations)
The draft Local Plan Review documents and associated documents and online forms can be found via the links below.
- Draft West of Borough Local Plan review
- Draft Great West Corridor Local Plan review
- Draft Amendments to the existing Local Plan 2015
- West of Borough Plan Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA) Report
- Great West Corridor Plan Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA) Report
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Review Consultation Strategy
- Issues Consultation Statement – Local Plan Review
- Evidence Base and Supporting studies
Local Plan Review Consultation information
This consultation presents an opportunity for you to help shape the future of Great West Corridor and West of Borough areas for the next 15 years. Please let us know your views on our plans.
The Council invites the community to have a say on where new homes will be built, jobs created, green areas improved and new public space created.
The consultation is running from Monday 23 October to Sunday 10 December 2017.
There will be a range of ways in which you will be able to find out about the Plans and provide comments.
We will read and analyse every comment you make, and use it to inform the next version of the Local Plan review due for consultation in Summer 2018.