Children are normally admitted to school at specific stages, such as starting reception class or transferring to year 7 in secondary school.
If you require a school place for your child outside these times of admissions, you will be making an in-year admission.
Changing your child's school
Changing schools within the school year is not usually in a child’s best interests. We recommend that before requesting a transfer you discuss your reasons with senior staff at your child's school.
If your child is already attending a local school, you should not withdraw your child from that school until we confirm a place can be offered elsewhere.
More information about in year admissions:
- Applying for schools in Hounslow
- Applying for schools outside Hounslow
- New or returning to the UK
- Proof of address
- Applications for students in GCSE years
- Waiting lists
- Infant to junior transfer
- Admission to children outside their age group
- Fair access
Tel: 020 8583 2721 / 2711
School Admissions Team
Children's and Adults' Services