Apply for In-year admissions

Children are normally admitted to school at specific stages, such as starting reception class or transferring to year 7 in secondary school.

If you require a school place for your child outside these times of admissions, you will be making an in-year admission.

Changing your child's school

Changing schools within the school year is not usually in a child’s best interests. We recommend that before requesting a transfer you discuss your reasons with senior staff at your child's school.

If your child is already attending a local school, you should not withdraw your child from that school until we confirm a place can be offered elsewhere.

More information about in year admissions:

Contact us


Tel: 020 8583 2721 / 2711

School Admissions Team
Children's and Adults' Services
Civic Centre
Lampton Road

rating button