There are lots of opportunities for young people across the Borough
It is important for all the opportunities listed below to check the entry requirements and to get in touch with the organisers.
- Princes Trust TEAM programme start date 27 September 2021: hosted at Uxbridge College Hayes Campus for young people looking for work experience and to build employability skills. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Princes Trust Explore (16-25) programme. Start date 27 September 2021, hosted online: Explore is a 5-week personal development programme which offers young people group activities and one-to-one support to help build confidence, get motivated, meet new people and identify and achieve their goals. The Explore sessions cover health and wellbeing, employability skills and leadership opportunities. Sign up by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Princes Trust Welcome Session (16-30). Fortnightly starting 23 September 2021, hosted online. The welcome sessions are for young people who want to find out more information about The Prince’s Trust opportunities. These will be held through Microsoft Teams in a video conference format. Young people can watch the presentation and get involved as much as they want. Afterwards, a staff member will follow up 1:1 and progress them onto a programme. Sign up by calling 0800 842 842 or submit details via MS Forms here.
Princes Trust Get Started in Health and Social Care (18-30). Hosted online 28 to 30 September 2021. Get Started in Health and Social Care is a three-day employability programme which will help you explore the many different Health and Social care roles on offer and prepare you to get a job in the sector. You will also get the opportunity to have up to three interviews with Health and Social Care employers that are hiring right now. There is a wide variety of roles available, typically including positions such as care practitioners, support workers and healthcare assistants. There will also be a range of employers from the NHS, the private sector, and the charity sector. Sign up via Eventbrite.
Princes Trust Get into Hospitality with Edwardian Hotels (18-30), two-week Hospitality programme 11 to 22 October 2021. The chance to meet people and learn new skills, as well as gain valuable work experience within the Hospitality sector in a brand-new luxury 5* Hotel in the heart of London. You will be trained before starting work placements in various roles in the new hotel The Londoner including, Room Attendant, House Steward, Back of House Assistant, Maintenance Assistant, Meeting and Events Assistant and Food and Beverage Assistant. To sign up email email@example.com.
Princes Trust Marks and Starts (16-25) programme. Start date 18 October 2021. Marks and Spencer have placement across London which will give you the chance to learn about the world of retail and customer service. You will take part in a 4 week work placement, including employability support, interview workshops and the chance to gain a part time contract at the end of your placement. To sign up call 0800 842 842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Princes Trust Get into Social Care (18-30). Start date 18 October 2021. Care is a real career choice with many career development options into qualified roles and this free 4-week course will support you to apply and interview for entry-level social care roles with a top social care employer in North London. By attending this course you will complete 40 hours of the Care Certificate, be given mock interview support, and tailored CV and application writing advise, as well as one week of work experience, so that you're as ready as possible to apply for a job. At the end of the course you will have a guaranteed interview with the employer that is hiring for the roles you're interested in. Sign up via Eventbrite or email email@example.com for more information.
- ASK about Apprenticeships webinar series for more information on Apprenticeships and how to apply:
- Session 1 – An Introduction to Apprenticeships https://youtu.be/V4gCE720RFw
- Session 2 – How to Register, Search and Apply for Apprenticeships https://youtu.be/YYK053T_Xhg
- Session 3 – An Introduction to Traineeships https://youtu.be/a3emnqStzz0
- Session 4 – An Introduction to T-levels https://youtu.be/Jx8izDv4Qpw
- Session 5 – Recognising Your Strengths https://youtu.be/c3Xhfz5BjsU
- Session 6 – Boosting Your Employability https://youtu.be/SpnmdUNx83A
- Session 7 – Interview Techniques https://youtu.be/U4r6Tk89bj8
- Session 8 – Post Year 11 Options https://youtu.be/HwXfhLT-ko0
- Session 9 – Post Year 13 Options https://youtu.be/k708Xs8bcjA
- Session 10 – Pathways into Apprenticeships for SEND Learners https://youtu.be/AZXcwvy6J1I
- Session 11 - An Introduction to Apprenticeships https://youtu.be/8ces1b7DEFA
- Session 12 - How to Register, Search and Apply for Apprenticeships https://youtu.be/jgWo-WXK4Cs
Work Hounslow are the Skills and Employment Team for the London Borough of Hounslow. The team work with Hounslow residents who are unemployed, self-employed and running a business as either sole trader or micro business, as well as those who are in low-paid work and those wishing to either re-skill or up-skill. They have a brand new website which showcases the latest jobs across the Borough. Visit the website and live opportunities here
The Open University, a world leader in open and distance learning, and all OpenLearn courses are free to study. They offer nearly 1000 free courses across 8 different subject areas. Find out more here
The Prince's Trust host a range of different activities for young people in Hounslow.
Young people can get in contact with the Prince's Trust by:
- Live chat with online here / or www.princes-trust.org.uk/contact-us
- Call for free on 0800 842 842
- Using the referral form here