There are lots of opportunities for young people across the Borough
It is important for all the opportunities listed below to check the entry requirements and to get in touch with the organisers. Alternatively book to speak with a Connexions Careers Adviser on 0208 583 5151, who will be able to provide information, advice and guidance on the full range of current opportunities in Hounslow and beyond.
Below are a list of some of the opportunities that are available locally:
New Digital Leap Programme
- The employability programme runs for 2 days a week for 4 weeks and is done completely remotely using Microsoft Teams. After completing the programme, the participants have access to 1-2-1 career coaching.
Over the 4-week programme, you will get vital employability skills training, insight into the digital and technology sector whilst doing practical activities and gain confidence in applying for digital apprenticeships or entry level IT roles, with the view to launching their career.
- Interested in Digital and Technology
- 18 +
- Access to laptop/computer and headphones
- Not in Education or Employment
- Willingness to commit to the programme and a desire to enter employment
- Live in any London borough
For London referrals, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Catch22 Digital: Contact Form - Catch22 (catch-22.org.uk)
Register your interest: https://www.catch-22.org.uk/contact/catch22-digital/
Springboard Hospitality UK: offer a range of employability programmes for young people 16+
All of the courses are free to participants, and include:
- Soft skills and confidence building training
- Employability skills training – CVs, interview skills, effective job hunt
- Hospitality related certified e-learning
- Hospitality related accredited qualifications
- 121 mentoring and coaching
- Guaranteed interviews with hospitality employers recruiting now
For further information and to apply go to https://springboard.uk.net/.
For information on Programmes running in Hounslow or a neighbouring borough book a telephone appointment with a Connexions Adviser on 0208 583 5151
Brentford Community Sports Trust: run Education and Employability Traineeship Programmes aimed at 16-24s to support with entering employment, education or training.
What does the course involve?
10-week training programme (30 hours a week)
Minimum of 120 hours of work experience
Support you to develop functional English and maths skills (for those who haven’t achieved GCSE level 4/Grade C)
Opportunity to improve your confidence and communication skills
Achieve additional accredited qualifications such as First Aid, Health & Safety, and Sports Leaders coaching awards
Support your progress on the career of your choice with opportunities to learn from industries including hospitality, youth work, IT and sports coaching
Pathway and career advice including visits from local colleges and universities
CV writing and interview techniques
Free branded club kit.
To find out more please email: http://email@example.com. Alternatively book to speak to a Connexions Adviser on 0208 583 5151
Harlequin Hitz Programme: is an Education and Employability Programme for young people
HITZ uses the core values of rugby, alongside other sporting and extracurricular opportunities to increase resilience, self-confidence and long-term employability.
You can work towards:
- Functional Skills English and Maths (Accredited)
- BTEC L1 Sport and Active Leisure
- BTEC Award in Work Skills (36 credits+)
- Emergency First Aid Course. (1 Day)
- BTEC in WorkSkills Employability Level 2 are delivered through both practical and classroom based sessions and assessment is carried through the completion of portfolios.
To find out more email: http://James.Collins-Clark@quins.co.uk Telephone: 07773184930
The Prince's Trust have a range of programmes for young people
Young people can get in contact with the Prince's Trust by:
- Live chat with online here / or www.princes-trust.org.uk/contact-us
- Call for free on 0800 842 842
- Using the referral form here
Work Hounslow are the Skills and Employment Team for the London Borough of Hounslow. The team work with Hounslow residents who are unemployed, self-employed and running a business as either sole trader or micro business, as well as those who are in low-paid work and those wishing to either re-skill or up-skill. They have a brand new website which showcases the latest jobs across the Borough. Visit the website and live opportunities https://workhounslow.co.uk/
The Open University, a world leader in open and distance learning, and all OpenLearn courses are free to study. They offer nearly 1000 free courses across 8 different subject areas. Find out more here