Space Waye weekend closure in December
Due to essential maintenance works, Space Waye will be closed the weekends of 9/10 December and 16/17 December. For a list of alternative reuse and recycling sites, please visit this page.
We apologise for an inconvenience caused.
North Feltham Trading Estate
off Faggs Road
Currently household waste is only accepted at weekends from residents using cars. Please note there is a height barrier restriction of 6 feet.
All vans (including residents using a van to tip house hold waste) can only access the site Monday – Friday
Saturday and Sunday 8am until 6pm - Alternative re-use and recycling sites
Household materials accepted at Space Waye:
- green waste - grass cuttings, leaves, hedge clippings, flowers and weeds, twigs and small branches
- bric-a-brac - garden ornaments, vases, mirrors, picture frames
- household chemicals - garden chemicals, fertilisers, flammable
- paper - including magazines, newspapers, catalogues, Yellow Pages, telephone directories and envelopes
- cardboard - including cereal boxes, tissue boxes, sleeves, boxes, packets, food and drinks cartons
- glass bottles and jars
- food tins and drinks cans, aluminium trays and foil
- soft plastics - including plastic bottles, tubs, pots and trays, plastic bags and cling film
- hard plastics - including garden furniture, storage containers, piping, plant pots
- metal - all mixed metals. Includes household items mostly made of metal, such as garden tools, bicycles, metal coat hangers, metal frames/ chairs/ tables
- waste electronic and electrical equipment (WEEE) such as televisions, kitchen equipment, fridges and freezers, gardening equipment.
- fluorescent tubes and bulbs
- waste cooking oil
- waste engine oil
- batteries - including mobile phone/laptop, battery packs, and car and household batteries.
- mixed textiles, clothes and pairs of shoes
- Our site attendants are on hand if you are unsure where to dispose of your waste.
- Residents may dispose of up to two mattresses for free at Space Waye. More than two at a time, or left over repeated visits, will be considered trade waste and as such will result in a £12 charge per mattress (regardless of the size).
- Chargeable material is classified as construction/demolition or DIY waste and includes, but is not limited to:
- Brick, rubble and concrete slabs
- Paving slabs, decking and fence panels
- Fitted kitchens and wardrobes
- Kitchen and bathroom tiles, roof slates (including those that are unused)
- Bathrooms and sanitary ware
- Soil and turf arising from landscaping, garden renovations and other works
- Doors and windows
- Roofing materials
- Internal/external walls & wall panels
- Flooring materials (excluding carpet & lino)
- Plasterboard and structural timber
- Other building materials
- Large volumes of garden waste
- Garden sheds, summerhouses, wendy houses, play sheds and tree houses
Households using a van
- You can use a van to dispose of bulky household waste, for free, once per calendar year, per household on presentation of your Council Tax bill for your property. Any more deposits will be charged at the current building waste disposal rates.
- A resident may use a van to dispose of up to four bags of garden waste for free, but you will need to pass over the weighbridge and show documents confirming your identity and your Council Tax bill.