We know many schools across the borough are unable to host their much-loved Christmas school productions this year. With this in mind, we’d like your help to spread the festive cheer across Hounslow.
We’ve come up with a campaign ‘Hounslow Schools Have Talent’ and invite schools in the borough to send us a 2-3-minute video showcasing their children’s talent! This could be a class bubble singing a festive song, artwork, a Bollywood dancer or someone reading a poem. You may have a socially distanced choir or an actor or actress who wants to record or act out a message! Whatever their skills we’d like to see them and share the videos on our social media accounts, for the Hounslow Community to enjoy, in the run up to Christmas.
What we need
- A 2-3-minute video filmed in landscape (please don’t do portrait!)
- One video can be submitted for each school.
- Try to avoid a wobbly camera (use a tripod where possible or rest the camera on something firm).
- Please make the story festive – children may want to wear Christmas jumpers, hats, reindeer antlers or be dressed up in festive way!
- Consider the sound quality (shut all the doors to the room you are filming in, consider background noise and light).
- We need consent from the parents of children in the film for Hounslow Council to promote it through our social media accounts.
Benefits to the school
- We will provide some editing to the film if required and include a link to a relevant school fundraising page.
- It’s an opportunity for the children to get involved in a fun, festive campaign and have their talent seen by thousands of people living in Hounslow!
- The films will bring festive cheer to people who may be alone or not able to get involved in Christmas activities.
- It is a great opportunity to raise the profile of your school through the Council channels.
- You may be in with a chance of having your school children featured in our December issue of Hounslow Matters, a free magazine distributed to everyone in the borough.
The deadline for entries is Monday 30 November (this will give us enough time to edit all the videos we receive and promote them)
Please get in touch by emailing Amy Burns in the communications team if you're planning to get involved in this festive initiative.
We’d love to hear your plans and this would help us know how many videos to expect from schools. We may also come and photograph your children in rehearsal.