Washing your hands is still the most important thing we can do to stop the spread of coronavirus.
Please follow Public Health England advice to:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
NHS video guidance
The NHS has produced a short video demonstrating how to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.