All businesses and venues should follow COVID-secure guidelines to protect customers, visitors and workers.
London, which includes the borough of Hounslow, is on the Tier 2 High Alert Lockdown Restrictions
Restrictions on businesses and venues in high alert level areas include:
- Certain businesses selling food or drink on their premises are required to close between 10pm and 5am.
- Businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through; orders must be made via phone, online or by post.
- Hospitality venues in ports, on transport services and in motorway service areas do not need to close at 10pm, but must not serve alcohol after that time (see the full guidance on what businesses are permitted to remain open).
- Businesses must ensure that they operate in a COVID-secure manner, including restrictions on table service and group bookings.
- Certain businesses and venues are required to collect customer, visitor, and staff data to support NHS Test and Trace.
- The wearing of face coverings for customers and staff in certain indoor settings.
- Businesses must ensure that if their workers are required to self-isolate, they do not work outside their designated place of self-isolation.
- Businesses and venues must ensure people do not meet in their premises with people from outside of their household or support bubble.
- Businesses and venues that fail to comply with these restrictions may face fines of up to £10,000, prosecution, or in some cases closure.
- Full guidance on which businesses and venues are permitted to be open where the local COVID alert level is high.
- How to make your workplace secure
- Maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace
- NHS Test and Trace in the workplace
- How to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment
- Cleaning your workplace safely